BookBox uses Same Language Subtitling (SLS), which after a decade of systematic research, development, and national implementation in India, is now a globally recognized innovation for literacy.
SLS has received numerous awards/grants/honors some being: Development Marketplace (The World Bank), Google Foundation, Tech Museum of Innovations (San Jose), Institute for Social Inventions (London), Hewlett-Packard, Manthan (New Delhi), Sir Ratan Tata Trust, DELL Giving, The Khemka Foundation, The Clinton Global Initiative, The Schwab Foundation, and Nasscom Foundation.
BookBox products have also won the following awards/recognitions:
- Sankalp Award - 2011 Finalist, ‘Education for all’ category.
- First Place Winner, BookBox “Stories from Around the World”, 2009 KIDS FIRST! Best Winners, December 2009.
- Winner, Dr. Toy’s ten best Audio-Video Products for 2009, San Francisco, CA, October 1, 2009.
- Winner, Dr. Toy’s 100 best children’s Products for 2009, San Francisco, CA, October 1, 2009.
- Official Selection, KIDS FIRST! Film Festival, February 2009.
- Mom’s Choice Award, Children’s DVD, 2007 Finalist - The First well and other readable stories, BookBox Inc.
- Sankalp Award - 2009 Finalist, ‘Education for all’ category.
- Winner, Best DVD ROM Content, National for BookBox Volume 1 & 2 distributed by Shemaroo Entertainment Pvt. Ltd., DVD Awards 2007 organized by Studio Systems.
- Special Mention in the E-Learning category for India’s Best e-Contents - 2005; by The Manthan AIF Award.